Some people suffer from the problem of a large, folded or raised ear from birth which causes major problems in the psyche of the child or the elderly in the early stages of his life, so the Park International Center for ear plastic surgery, which is one of the procedures that are performed for patients with the purpose of ear plastic surgery He was suffering from a deformation due to an accident, fire, or even a birth defect, or a desire by the patient himself to improve his image as a cosmetic procedure.
Ear plastic surgery aims to correct the ear to change the size or shape of the ears, or to fix it again if it comes out. The fixation of the ears is known as (otoplasty). It is most often performed on children and adolescents, although adults may want to do this as well.
Otoplasty is not appropriate for children under five years of age because their ears will continue to grow and develop, without this ear surgery is a safe procedure.
Candidates for ear plastic surgery:
– That the patient really has a problem with the shape of the ear and does not imagine this because of some mental illness.
– The patient exceeds the age of 5 years as it cannot be made for children who are less than this age.
– Be careful when considering this procedure to choose a suitable medical center, such as the Park International Center, which includes doctors with experience in the field, because although the process is classified within easy plastic surgery, it requires great skill and accuracy from the doctor..
Ear plastic surgery method:
Like all plastic surgery, a medical consultation session is conducted so that the specialist doctor in our center determines whether the patient really needs this operation, then he determines the type of surgery and this is according to the condition of the cartilage of the ear and the severity and severity of its ions.
If the patient suffers from chronic diseases in the ear or any infection in the ear region, the doctor may prevent them from undergoing surgery except after treatment so that the infection does not become more severe. One of the risks of this matter is that the patient suffers from auditory nerve infection and damage, which ultimately leads to deafness.
As for the way surgery proceeds, in the beginning the doctor draws the shape that he imagines for the ear to determine the excised part of the cartilage, and then local anesthesia is performed and then makes a group of very small holes in the place behind the ear and begins to get rid of the cartilage from this place, and finally the remaining structure is stitched in a complete cosmetic way According to the required shape and position.
The process takes 2-3 hours, depending on the type of cartilage and the method of plastic surgery.
There are two types of ear plastic surgery:
– Softening the ears with soft cartilage: where the doctor through the cracks caused by folding the soft cartilages on each other without removing them so that he can reach the lowest possible distance between the ear and head.
– Beautify the ears with harsh cartilages: They are cartilage that can not be folded, and therefore the doctor removes the excess parts of it and from the skin of the ear and then closes them again until the ear protrusion reduces and reaches the shortest distance between the head and the ear.
Finally, after the end of the operation, the patient is allowed to go home after surgery on the same day. As for the children, they prefer to stay overnight in the hospital after the surgery, but the patient must wear an ear cover for at least three consecutive days and not rub anything. The patient can return to work and start his normal life after a week of surgery , Taking care not to touch the water with the ear.
For the first few days after surgery, your ears may be sensitive, sore or numb. You may have a slight tingling sensation for a few weeks, and our doctors recommend wearing a head band at night for several weeks to protect the ears during sleep.
After ear plastic surgery:
There is some slight bruising, which can last about two weeks. You may want to delay returning to work or school until the bruises disappear.
Sometimes stitches may come on the surface of the skin or cause the thin ear to feel. Pain and discomfort can be treated with over-the-counter pain relievers, such as Parasetamol or Ibuprofen.
You should avoid swimming and activities that put your ears at risk of injury (such as judo …) for several weeks.
Within 5 to 10 days: The stitches are removed (unless the stitches are soluble).
After one or two weeks: Most patients will be able to return to work or school. Eight weeks later: Swimming should be okay. After 12 weeks: Communication sports should be fine.
Risks and drawbacks of the otoplasty:
– The process leaves behind some scars and is often small, invisible, heals and completely disappears after a period of surgery.
– At other times, the risks of the operation can be inherent in the unevenness of the ears in the final form, or the eradication of the doctor a cartilaginous part too much and then the results of the operation are disappointing, so we at Park International guarantee you the results to your liking.
– The patient can suffer from the infection of the surgeon if the doctor used unclean tools (in the event that the center is not the required efficiency) during the surgery or if the patient did not care about hygiene after the surgery and he should not neglect the matter and be careful to clean the wound until he does not appear to him later.
Minor bruising around the ears. –
Pain, numbness or tingling in the ears.-
The last two shows fade over time. –
Turkey has great ingredients to choose for this procedure, and Park International Medical Center is distinguished by its experience in the field of plastic surgery, as it guarantees you amazing results that suit your perceptions.